Ohio State Spring Game Excites Fans

By Bobby Burkhart

Urban Meyer made his official debut this Saturday, as the Buckeyes showed of their new style in the Ohio State spring game.

The Scarlet and Grey teams faced off in front of a record breaking spring game crowd with more than 80,000 in attendance. 

Urban Meyer’s new style offense got off to a great start, running the no huddle spread moving the ball down the field. The OSU sophomore quarterback, Braxton Miller, looked great showing a lot of improvement from his freshman year.

The offense fired on all cylinders, and showed that they could manage the no huddle, showing it off before the half.

“I just wanted some good energy in there. Our quarterbacks, like anybody else, they’ve got to put their nose on people. You have to be very careful and very smart. And sometimes I’m accused of being neither. But it was fun for the fans, and I know that our players came out of their shoes when we did that.” said Urban Meyer, speaking about a hitting drill before the game at mid-field.

The offense looked great, and the defense was just as good, holding the gray team to only 14 points. Lancaster’s own Luke Roberts even got in the action, as a true freshman he started for grey team and had a great game.

Overall it was a great spring game and Ohio State will be a force to reckon with in the Big Ten this year.